Your Library Needs Friends
· We are the Friends of the Libraries of Woodbridge Township. We are parents and grandparents, single and married people, professionals, students, homemakers, and retirees. We are committed to making the future bright by helping our local libraries.
· We educate the people of Woodbridge about the rich educational and entertainment resources at our local libraries.
· We raise funds to buy useful materials and equipment not supplied by the library's budget: new computers for the children's room and reference areas, craft equipment, special books, CD-ROMs, more magazines, etc.
· We act as liaisons between the people of Woodbridge and the library administration so that the libraries can better satisfy the needs of the community.
· We act as advocates in support of the libraries before the Town Council in our community.
Volunteers are always needed to further the efforts and programs of this energetic group. For as little as a few hours a month you can make a difference!!
When you become a member of the Friends you receive these benefits:
· Members-only shopping at our book sales, the day before the public opening.
· Your donation is tax deductible.
· among Friends, our newsletter, mailed to your home or office.
· Special invitations to Friends' events.
· Helping your community by supporting the Woodbridge Library System!
You can pick up an application to join the "Friends" at any of the Woodbridge libraries or click HERE for an online version you can print off and mail.
Annual Book Sale
The Friends host their Annual Book Sale each April at the end of the month. A huge variety of books - paperbacks, hard covers, fiction, non-fiction, and children's books can all be had for bargain prices. The first day is a private sale for Friends Members only. The sale is then open to the public for three days.
Adopt a Book!
The Friends of the Libraries, led by Friends' President Diane Babuin, have begun an Adopt a book program to help increase the stock of books in our local libraries. To participate, simply donate at least $25.00 to "adopt" a book that will be purchased for the age group and branch library you choose.
Each adopted book will carry a specially inscribed bookplate thanking the donor. Memorial inscriptions can be included at the donor's request.
Adopt a book forms are available at all Woodbridge Libraries. Please take one and help support this important program, or click HERE for an online version you can print off and mail.