- Over 4,000 video courses on hundreds of topics!
- Watch and learn instantly on your desktop or mobile web browser.
- Download practice materials to work alongside the course.
- Certificates of Completion let you demonstrate your new proficiencies.
Become an expert in anything with WPL and Lynda.com
Woodbridge Public Library patrons can enjoy free access to award-winning learning service Lynda.com. Lynda.com offers over four thousand video courses to help learners become experts in any of hundreds of topics and popular software tools.
Courses from Lynda.com are made by expert instructors and include detailed transcripts and downloadable examples that learners can use to practice along-side course lessons. Coding courses additionally offer sand-box environments to safely learn programming and markup languages directly through a web browser. Patrons can write and save notes right in the courses, bookmark important sections, or assemble, save and share playlists of useful or interesting courses to make their own curricula. Completing a course entitles learners to Certificates of Completion, which can be sent to employers and hiring agents to demonstrate professional development.
Lynda.com courses are available for dozens of popular software and developer tools, including:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)
- Latest versions of popular operating systems such as Microsoft Windows 10, Apple Mac OS X and iOS, Google Android, Amazon Kindle Fire OS and Barnes & Noble NOOK OS
- Coding and markup languages such as C, Java, Python, Ruby, MySQL, HTML, CSS, and PHP
In addition, Lynda.com offers courses on topics of professional and personal advancement, such as:
- Job hunting and résumé or cover letter writing
- Business skills, communication, marketing and leadership
- Data analysis, cloud computing, and server management
- Creative arts including writing, drawing, painting, photography, video editing, 3D modeling and printing, and more
Ready to start learning? Courses are accessible anywhere you have internet access through desktop or mobile web browsers. To log in, just navigate to lynda.com and click “Log in”, followed by the “Organization Login” tab, and then enter the Woodbridge Public Library website URL, woodbridgelibrary.org, followed by your library card number and PIN (usually the last four digits of the phone number registered to the account). You can also skip right to entering your card number and pin by clicking the link, here:
Wondering exactly how to get it working?
Follow these steps:
- Click here to log in to Lynda.com using your library card number and PIN (usually the last four digits of the phone number you registered to your account).
- Find a course, click "Play" and start learning!
- For help logging in directly from Lynda.com, see "Log in from Lynda.com" under More Help below.
More HelpLog in from Lynda.com
Choose the Organization Login tab.
In the text box under "Or, enter your organization's URL to log in through their portal" type in:
Enter your library card number (found on the back of your library card) and your PIN. Your PIN is usually the last four digits of the phone number you have registered to your library account. Click Log in. If it is your first time logging in, you may be asked to enter your name and email address, as well.
You're all set! Click Library or use the the Search Box to find a course and start learning!